Outside Sales Engineer - New England - Sanford, ME
City/State: New England - Sanford, ME
Job Level: Entry-Level
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Immediate opening with the Northeast’s oldest and largest pump distributor. Founded in 1898, Hayes Pump is a privately held company which builds and sells pumps and engineered pump systems, representing industry leading lines such as Goulds Pumps, Viking Pump, Xylem, Warren Rupp, Moyno, John Crane, Gorman Rupp, Aurora and Fairbanks.
We are looking for smart and high energy candidates for the New England area – specifically for our Sanford, Maine office. This would include specifying equipment for particular applications, recommending pump equipment upgrades, managing the transaction process with engineering firms, internal resources and contractors.
He or She should also possess a solid background in sales growth as well as businesses development - particularly in developing relationships with engineering firms and industrial companies to access project opportunities. The candidate should also be comfortable in using analytical tools to assess and track all opportunities.
- Technical sales experience required
- Proven track record in sales growth and customer development.
- Experience in interacting with engineering firms is preferred
- Experience in rotating equipment and pump hydraulics is preferred.
- Knowledge of Variable Frequency Drive (PLC) controls and control panels a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Proficient in CRM systems
- Seeking a motivated self-starter who can work with a team and demonstrated the following attributes:
- The ability to multitask
- Warm personality
- Excellent attendance
Hayes Pump is an innovation leader in the pump distribution market. We offer our team members:
- Training opportunities (from direct vendor training as well as mentoring from experienced engineers)
- A casual work environment
- An emphasis on work/life balance
- Full benefits including health, 401K match & dental
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Potential for career growth
- Participation in our incentive compensation plan